Racial Equity Panel presented by United Way of Greater Portland
September 12, 2020
Join us on Thursday, September 17 from 4 – 6 pm for a panel discussion facilitated by Regina Phillips, of the Westbrook School Department, on Racial Inequities in Education and Workforce Systems.
Education, workforce training, and hiring are crucial elements of addressing employment, income, and wealth disparities – disparities that have precluded too many people of color from economic and family security. With support from our Diversity Action Council and some community leaders, United Way of Greater Portland will convene a panel of community experts, including those who have experienced these challenges first-hand, to begin to identify solutions to address barriers that particularly impact
communities of color.
• Alberto Morales, Portland Public Schools
• Casco Bay High School Student
• Margaret Brownlee, Maine College of Art
• Abdul Ali, Maine Youth Justice, USM student
• Kwame Yeboah, Greater Portland Workforce Initiative
• Rich Henry, Lincoln Financial Group