We’re Hiring! Data Coordinator
November 8, 2019
Be a part of the change!
Join a team of committed, results-oriented professionals who work to support and advance United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP’s) mission to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. We are seeking an individual experienced in generating reports from databases and maintaining organizational dashboards. This professional provides business partners with the data they need to make business decisions and identify opportunities.
The Data Coordinator supports and advances United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP) mission of improving lives through strategic and methodical collection, synthesis, retrieval, and analysis of data to inform various United Way of Greater Portland activities and programs.
This position reports to the Director, Data Management and works with all departments to provide data reports, serving both internal and external stakeholders.
Key focus areas and initiatives include: campaign performance reporting, marketing program performance reporting, community investment process reporting, organizational dashboards, and project implementation assistance for digital constituent communications platforms such as Digital Services and Phone2Action.
- Creates and provides timely reports for all organizational departments as requested.
- Ensures adherence to business processes and procedures to ensure consistent inputs and outputs of data with UWGPs Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) database (Andar).
- Promotes efficient, effective, and accurate data capture and entry to ensure data integrity and reliable reports and historical analysis.
- Develops processes to augment relationship management efforts with donors, volunteers, advocates, and partner organizations.
- Responsible for annual organization-wide collection and submission of accurate data to United Way Worldwide such as the Database II report, the Global Results Framework, and other reports.
- Designs and implements tracking and reporting solutions to mine the databases for stakeholder measurement and analysis of donor, volunteer, advocacy, and grant recipient activity.
- Assists with administration, uploading, downloading, and reporting for Andar, Blackbaud, Digital Service (Salesforce), Phone2Action, Office 365, and other applications.
- Assists with training and guidance on Andar, Blackbaud, Office 365 and other software applications, processes, and functions.
- Designs and supports processes that foster strong relationships with companies, individuals, community leaders, and agency partners.
- Assists with aggregating and update data for funded partner report data, CI grant reports, marketing materials, and Thrive2027 dashboard.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated professional experience in database reporting or administration.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of UWGP.
- Strong detail orientation and focus on accuracy.
- Track record of achieving results.
- Problem solving – ability to recognize courses of action that can be taken to handle problems and apply contingency plans to solve those problems.
- Self-motivated – ability to reach a goal or perform a task with little supervision or direction.
- Customer-Oriented – desire to serve clients by focusing on meeting their needs, understanding their concerns and seeking to build trust.
- Growth mindset and continuous improvement focus.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong computer skills with comfort and experience in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Access and data base administration.
- Ability to manipulate and synthesize data.
- Ability to provide clear graphical representations of data.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Demonstrate UWGP’s Core Values in all internal and external interactions.
- Participate as a team member in departmental and organizational activities.
- Champion exceptional service both internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as opportunities are presented and/or assigned.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work during peak times.
Travel is infrequent and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected for purposes of training.
Why choose United Way of Greater Portland?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time, and about creating community change that benefits every member of the community. We are all connected and interdependent; we all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy.
We have a staff of 35 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission: To improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous vacation and holiday pay and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Greater Portland offers:
- Convenient downtown location with free parking
- Tuition assistance and opportunities for professional development
- Health Club membership at a deeply discounted monthly rate
- Wellness resources and Employee Assistance Program access
- Personal and floating holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- An excellent team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
United Way of Greater Portland is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
United Way of Greater Portland has identified a set of Core Values that are our essential tenets. These define and describe who United Way of Greater Portland will endeavor to be in all situations, both internal and external.
At United Way of Greater Portland we are:
- Community Centered
- Results Focused
- Intentionally Collaborative
- Committed to Excellence
- Leading with Integrity
Applications accepted until November 29, 2019. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Amy Fecteau, Director, Human Resources at email@example.com.