DAY OF CARING
United Way Day of Caring has been providing volunteer assistance to non-profit agencies for the past two decades. Each year on the third Thursday in May, United Way of Greater Portland brings together more than 1,000 volunteers to complete community service work throughout Cumberland County.
Day of Caring is the third Thursday in May. The 2013 Day of Caring is on May 16.
Throughout the Greater Portland area.
If your company plans to coordinate a team of volunteers, please complete the pre-registration survey. (NOTE: This information is for planning purposes only and does not commit you to providing the number of volunteers indicated). If you are an individual volunteer, visit VolunteerMaine.org for information about local opportunities that fit your interests.
In addition to volunteering, there are many other ways to get involved including making an in-kind donation such as plants, breakfast items, gift certificates for raffle items, supplies, tools, paint, etc. For more information, contact Karen Stephenson at email@example.com.
Because we can improve peoples’ lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. LIVE UNITED!
Day of Caring Resources
- Download a Volunteer Registration and Coordination Manual
- Register your volunteers online (please note that you must register yourself as a volunteer prior to registering your company volunteers)
- Download a FAQ sheet
- Download a list of in-kind donations needed
- Download a recruitment poster (8.5×11 or 11×17)
- Download a sample recruitment flyer
(Project deadline has passed for 2013)
- Access project posting manual
- Download a Work Site poster
- Download a volunteer sign-in sheet with media release
- Download a volunteer evaluation form
- Download an interactive thank-you letter template