Senior Technical Support Manager
The Senior Technical Support Manager is responsible for organization technology support functions in a PC environment, solving a wide range of application and technical problems, and demonstrating superior problem solving skills with excellent customer service. In addition, this position has the primary responsibility for supporting the organization’s hosted database, the local infrastructure, technology planning, budgeting and vendor relationship management. In addition, this role will co-lead the project management of the annual digital fundraising design and roll out. This position works with the Senior Vice President and the Information Technology Associate to support most of the technology and data needs of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
Application Support & Database Management
Oversee and manage United Way of Greater Portland (UWGP)’s donor database (Andar) with respect to data quality, upgrades, technical issues, strategic use and new opportunities to enhance workflows with development of new features.
Work with vendors and staff to ensure optimum use of all core business applications, prepare budgets based on organization needs and plan for future technology initiatives.
Work with application vendors and staff to evaluate changes to organization software, implement updates, and conduct user training.
Assess technology skills of staff, evaluate training needs relative to required skills for each position, and develop on-going training programs to enhance skill development.
Conduct and/or supervise end-user training and support, and communicate with staff regarding changes in software and operations.
Participate in United Way Worldwide initiatives and vendor conferences to address industry changes, as needed.
Manage Support & Maintain IT Infrastructure
- Provide excellent customer service while working directly with employees in a help desk capacity to answer technology questions, resolving issues with Windows, laptops, desktops, printers, phone administration, and other business technology functions.
- Work with the support vendors and other staff to perform the set up, maintenance, data back up, upgrades, protocols and security for most applications in the organization, including printers, phones, copiers and cell phones.
- Manage and coordinate contracts, software licenses, technology purchases and vendor relationships for the organization.
- Continually update the information technology handbook, the disaster recovery and security incident plans, customer data protection requirements and other risk management documents.
- Participate in new technology research and evaluation in the external market, with existing contracted vendors and through United Way Worldwide.
- Provide and coordinate training for all staff on the primary applications, orient new employees and ensure secure information technology practices.
- Assist staff, volunteers and external visitors with audio visual conference room technology and meeting support.
Annual Campaign Support
- Work with Resource Development, Marketing, and Operations staff and external vendors to project manage the technical aspects of organization annual United Way campaigns, ensuring all aspects of the implementation are executed for success.
- Create and design reporting processes for campaigns, based on customer requirements, to shape strategy and measurement of results.
- Support finance in the research to resolving receivable (pledges) inaccuracies due to system processing.
- Assist with the tracking process of managing agency speakers and campaign staff assignments.
- Identify process improvements and process-related changes to project management, relationship management and pledge processing.
- Assist with providing training and appropriate technology deployment for campaign volunteers, such as loaned executives, to be able to quickly and efficiently raise funds.
- Demonstrate UWGP’s Core Values in all internal and external interactions.
- Participate as a team member in Operations and organizational activities.
- Champion exceptional service both internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as organizational needs dictate.
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; other degree type from an accredited technical school or University with at least 5 years experience considered.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years of technical support experience in a professional work environment.
- Proficiency in most recent versions of the following software applications preferred:
- Microsoft Windows
- MS Windows Server
- MS Office
- SQL Server Technologies
- Office365 Technologies
- Andar experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage knowledge of information technology systems.
- Strong skills in network and computer technology.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills as well as good overall management and organizational abilities.
- Enthusiasm for finding ways to improve how employees work with computers and networks.
- Structured approach to problem solving.
- Ability to understand and champion technology’s role in UWGP’s strategic direction.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 – 5:00. This position may require long hours and weekend work
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Be a part of the change!
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time, and about creating community level change that benefits every member of the community. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy. We have a staff of 34 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission: To improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
Organizational Core Values:
At United Way of Greater Portland we are:
Committed to Excellence
Leading with Integrity
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Daisy Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2017.
United Way of Greater Portland is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.