Resource Development Analyst
Join a team of successful professionals who work to support and advance United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP’s) mission to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities.
The RD Analyst supports and advances United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP) mission of improving lives through strategic and methodical collection, synthesis, and analysis of data to inform and grow the resource development (fundraising) and marketing program.
This position reports to the SVP of Resource Development & Marketing and works with the department to oversee all reporting functions and related business processes associated with UWGPs annual campaign, serving both internal and external stakeholders.
Key focus areas and initiatives include: campaign performance reporting, RD & Marketing program performance reporting, creation and management of metrics dashboard and data-based benchmarking tools, and project implementation assistance for a new digital constituent communications platform (DSOG). Additionally, this position will administer the ePledge process, ensuring that company ePledge campaigns are implemented successfully.
- Provides timely reporting and analysis to increase annual campaign growth and constituent engagement.
- Develops and implements business processes and procedures to ensure consistent inputs and outputs of data with UWGPs donor management database (Andar).
- Promotes accurate data capture and entry to achieve accurate and consistent reports and historical analysis.
- Develops processes to augment relationship management efforts with donors, volunteers and organizations.
- Collaborates with Relationship Managers and partner organizations to generate presentation-quality CEO reports and custom historical reports and analysis to inform partner growth strategies.
- Serves as the organization’s go-to resource for ‘moves management’ tracking of donors and prospects.
- Ensures company ePledge campaigns run successfully and provides a positive and quality online campaign experience with UWGPs ePledge partners.
- Responsible for annual organization-wide collection and submission of accurate data to United Way Worldwide.
- Assists IT staff with database administration functions of UWGP’s donor management database (Andar).
- Assists IT staff with training and guidance on Andar and any Customer Relationship Management (CRM) functions developed.
- Designs and supports processes that foster strong relationships with companies, individuals, community leaders, and agency partners.
- Proactively mines donor database for major planned gift prospects and highly engaged constituents.
- Provides regular recommendations to SVP of Resource Development & Marketing on growth opportunities based on current donor analysis.
- Demonstrate UWGP’s Core Values in all internal and external interactions.
- Participate as a team member in Resource Development & Marketing and organizational activities.
- Champion exceptional service both internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as opportunities are presented and/or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years progressive experience in database administration, data analysis and/or non-profit prospect research using business intelligence applications, SQL and CRM software.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of UWGP
- Curiosity – proactively seeks to find clues and answers to key questions that will drive fundraising efforts forward and looks to establish relevant correlations to seemingly disparate data.
- Analytical skills – ability to process information and raw data and synthesize into meaningful, actionable conclusions and/or recommendations.
- Problem solving – ability to recognize courses of action that can be taken to handle problems, and apply contingency plans to solve those problems.
- Self-motivated – ability to reach a goal or perform a task with little supervision or direction.
- Customer-Oriented – desire to serve clients by focusing on meeting their needs, understanding their concerns and seeking to build trust.
- Written and verbal communication – ability to communicate concise, clear analyses and recommendations that support RD goals and objectives.
- Creative – ability to think in new ways that lead to new or novel ideas for exploration.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Access and data base administration.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Travel is infrequent and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected for purposes of training.
Why choose United Way of Greater Portland?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time, and about creating community level change that benefits every member of the community. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy.
We have a staff of 32 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous vacation and holiday pay and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Greater Portland offers:
- Convenient downtown location with free parking
- Tuition assistance and opportunities for professional development
- Health Club membership at a deeply discounted monthly rate
- Wellness resources and Employee Assistance Program access
- Paid volunteer time off
- A great team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
United Way of Greater Portland is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
Organizational Core Values:
At United Way of Greater Portland we are:
- Community Centered
- Results Focused
- Intentionally Collaborative
- Committed to Excellence
- Leading with Integrity
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Daisy Wilson, email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until March 6, 2018