Program Assistant, Summer Readers
Starting Strong is a coalition serving the parents and community providers of children age birth to 8 in Portland, Maine. The Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting Starting Strong’s communications plan and the Summer Readers program. The Program Assistant will be expected to work approximately 10 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
Support Starting Strong’s external communications plan
- Write blog posts featuring Starting Strong partners/programs/participants, including Summer Readers Program
- Edit Starting Strong’s website and create original content
- Write one issue of Starting Strong newsletter
- Re-develop Starting Strong’s contact list
Support Starting Strong’s Summer Readers Program as available
- Maintain book supplies at the Starting Strong Summer Readers Program
- Encourage Summer Reading Volunteer participation and ensure procedures run smoothly (signing in, logging number of kids, etc.)
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or HiSET
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and to adhere to deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with Word
- Experience with WordPress and MailChimp preferred
This position operates in a professional office environment as well as field locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a temporary, part-time position (fewer than 30 hours per week).
Travel is local during the business day.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Daisy Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org by July 26, 2017