United Way of Greater Portland Fiscal Year 2019 Community Investments
Applications must be submitted through UWGP’s application website by 9:00 a.m. (EST) on Monday, February 26, 2018.
United Way of Greater Portland (UWGP) has opened its Fiscal Year 2019 community investments to programs, initiatives, or collaborations serving Cumberland County, Maine (except Brunswick and Harpswell) that will help to make measurable progress on Thrive2027’s three community goals.
The lead organization applying for funding:
- Must be recognized as a federal tax exempt or governmental organization; or
- Is an organization or non-exempt group with an identified fiscal sponsor that is a recognized federal tax exempt or governmental organization.
All partners named in the application must operate consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, and comply with the UWGP’s counter-terrorism compliance agreement (see application).
All UWGP Fiscal Year 2019 community investment applicants:
- Will be required to demonstrate a commitment to help impact the Thrive2027 Goals by identifying the specific contribution, effort, or action the program, initiative, or collaboration will make, including:
- Data-driven program activities and evidence-based best practices or promising practices, that are based in research; and
- Measurable impact on Thrive2027 Goals Framework Strategies demonstrated through performance measures.
- Are strongly encouraged to collaborate with various community partners, and:
- Demonstrate a plan to collaborate with at least one community partner to share data around one or more shared or complementary performance measures; and/or
- Articulate different approaches of working together to leverage and increase impact.
Please note that this is not a complete list of requirements. Before applying, refer to the UWGP Fiscal Year 2019 Community Investment Summary for a complete list of requirements.
Requests must be at least $10,000; there is no maximum request amount.
Grant Funding/Reporting Period:
July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019. Funding will be announced in early June 2018.
January 16, 2018 – February 26, 2018. Applications must be submitted through UWGP’s application website by 9:00 a.m. (EST) on Monday, February 26, 2018. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
How to Apply:
- Read the UWGP Fiscal Year 2019 Community Investment Summary;
- Visit https://uwgp.communityforce.com/Login.aspx to complete and submit an application.
Technical assistance regarding the application process is available by email, phone, or appointment. In-person meetings are held at United Way of Greater Portland, 1 Canal Plaza, Suite 300, Portland 04101.