Loaned Executive Coordinator
Under general supervision of United Way of Greater Portland (UWGP) Resource Development (RD) Staff members, this full-time, temporary position will act as the lead support for UWGP’s Loaned Executive (LE) program while also handling the management of a small portfolio of assigned relationships with local companies. LEs assist companies with planning, implementing, and running successful workplace giving campaigns, supporting volunteers within the companies, and serving as ambassadors for UWGP in the community.
This position will also act as a liaison to the VP, Community Engagement, building community among the LEs and ensuring their needs are being met. With the support of this position, LEs will build on their leadership skills, public speaking, teamwork skills, sales and fundraising experience. Additionally, LEs will develop a keen understanding of UWGP’s role in the community and develop the ability to convey the value of UWGP in the areas of education, financial stability, and health.
This is a non-exempt, hourly position that will commence on August 21, 2017, consisting of approximately 40 hours/week and concludes on December 29, 2017. Paid training will be conducted the weeks of September 5 and September 12. Office hours are 8:30 AM-5 PM, M-F; additional events and meetings outside of normal business hours as necessary. Given the short-term and intensive nature of this engagement, the ability to take vacation time is limited.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as a team lead to the Loaned Executives. This includes serving as a liaison to the LE team, supporting them as needed, and completing tasks related to the program.
- Successfully develops, organizes, and implements campaign strategies by working with and supporting Employee Campaign Managers at assigned accounts.
- Manages administrative aspects of the LE program such as Speaker’s Bureau and raffle tickets.
- Acts as a motivator, redirects team focus as needed to ensure goals are met.
- Assists the VP, Community Engagement with campaign-related visits to accounts, potentially taking the lead on visits if necessary.
- Works with UWGP staff members and volunteer leadership at company meetings and other various events, assisting with developing awareness of UWGP. This includes the ability to convey the important role United Way plays in the Greater Portland community.
- Works with the entire LE and RD teams, supporting each other to provide excellent customer/donor service.
- Reports weekly activities to assigned UWGP staff person, identifying successes, opportunities, and concerns.
- Provides presentations to employees to sharpen public speaking and presentation skills. Please note, public speaking training will be provided during the training. Previous experience is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Promotes and maintain positive community relations.
Robust training will be provided by UWGP, including public speaking training, sales and fundraising training, and project management. The right candidate must bring a baseline level of experience in these areas, with a strong desire to develop their skills and fluency. Job requirements include:
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and stay focused in a fast-paced and stimulating environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and open to learning about the art of public speaking by honing personal communication and presentation skills. Must possess confidence to effectively and persuasively present in front of large and small groups and in a multitude of diverse settings.
- Excellent knowledge of office equipment (i.e. copiers, computers, etc.) and full knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. A pre-engagement skills assessment will be administered prior to the start date.
- Enthusiastic, creative individual who exhibits a positive attitude and willingness to be a team player.
- Time management skills and an ability to work independently.
- Strong sense of ethics, trustworthiness & honesty, always representing UWGP in a positive manner.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
This position is not benefits-eligible. Free parking is provided.
Be a part of the change!
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time, and about creating community level change that benefits every member of the community. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy. We have a staff of 32 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission: To improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
Organizational Core Values:
At United Way of Greater Portland We are:
Committed to Excellence
Leading with Integrity
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Daisy Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until July 3, 2017.
United Way of Greater Portland is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.