The fiscal year 2018-2019 application period is over. We will open the process to new applicants for the 2019-2020 funding period in early 2019. More details will be available in late 2018. Below is an overview of our community investments process.
United Way of Greater Portland (UWGP) provides community investments to programs, initiatives, or collaborations serving Cumberland County, Maine (except Brunswick and Harpswell) that will help to make measurable progress on Thrive2027’s three community goals. The grant funding/reporting period runs from July 1 to June 30 each year.
The lead organization applying for funding:
- Must be recognized as a federal tax exempt or governmental organization; or
- Is an organization or non-exempt group with an identified fiscal sponsor that is a recognized federal tax exempt or governmental organization.
All partners named in the application must operate consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, and comply with the UWGP’s counter-terrorism compliance agreement as outlined in the application.
All UWGP community investment applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to help impact the Thrive2027 Goals by identifying the specific contribution, effort, or action the program, initiative, or collaboration will make, including:
- Data-driven program activities and evidence-based best practices or promising practices, that are based in research; and
- Measurable impact on Thrive2027 Goals Framework Strategies demonstrated through performance measures.
All UWGP community investment applicants are strongly encouraged to collaborate with various community partners, and:
- Demonstrate a plan to collaborate with at least one community partner to share data around one or more shared or complementary performance measures; and/or
- Articulate different approaches of working together to leverage and increase impact.
Please note that this is not a complete list of requirements. We will provide a complete list of requirements during the application period.