Join a team of successful professionals who work to support and advance United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP’s) mission to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities.
The Relationship Manager identifies, develops and maintains high quality relationships with organizations and individuals to attract and sustain resources to support UWGP’s community impact agenda. This position maximizes fundraising growth through concerted, collaborative efforts among assigned areas and accounts via self-initiative, volunteer engagement and other Resource Development team members as applicable.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to actively engage in the community with both large and small businesses to reach revenue goals, to engage the community in United Way’s work and to create a consistent, positive experience for donors and organizations at every touch point. This outward facing role will require the Relationship Manager to be a leader with a demonstrated ability to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a dynamic and high energy approach to achieve results and a keen interest in the areas of education, financial stability and health, including the 10-year community goals, Thrive2027. The candidate will highly value the importance of teamwork and collaboration.
Essential Job Functions:
Manage a variety of corporate and individual relationships
- Develops and grows meaningful year-round relationships with key company leaders, company influencers, and other individuals within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Works effectively with other teams at UWGP to be able to provide appropriate support and value to partners.
- Leverages relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
- Conducts regular in-person meetings with partners and prospects with assigned relationships in order to expand UWGP influence within each organization.
- Develops and uses knowledge about UWGP organizational mission, goals, community impact strategies and community needs to effectively communicate the UWGP message to external parties.
Update and set goals on account plans to realize significant growth in each account
- Develops and implements strategies to achieve revenue goals.
- Sets goals and action steps needed to engage accounts on a year-round basis with UWGP.
- Works with staff and volunteers to drive plan execution and manage action steps and results from these efforts.
- Tracks and analyzes revenue generation, retention, visits and key business activity throughout the year.
- Provides regular activity status, updates projections and conducts account analysis to build and deliver on business goals, to monitor results, and to address challenges as they arise.
Cultivate volunteer relationships that connect companies and individuals with UWGP
- Provides a positive experience for volunteers and temporary campaign assistants to achieve revenue goals.
- Assists volunteer campaign chairs at companies in planning and executing employee
campaigns using effective communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Fosters creative thinking and facilitates future partnerships within the corporate accounts.
- Supports volunteers on key visits throughout the year.
Manage and inspire volunteers and volunteer campaign groups
- Develops and deepens connections within the community through year-round engagement.
- Inspires Employee Campaign Manager (ECM) to dedicate generosity of time, influence and resources.
- Provides opportunities for ECMs to recognize the valuable role they play in community impact work through their successful workforce campaigns, year-round communication, increased volunteerism and advocacy.
Organize relationship management and donor responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Develops and executes a comprehensive plan to successfully deploy individual time, UWGP resources and volunteer time against revenue objectives.
- Maintains accurate and detailed donor and account records in donor database (Andar) and with other systems to analyze the effectiveness of the plan against delivering objectives.
- Demonstrate UWGP’s Core Values in all internal and external interactions.
- Participate as a team member in Resource Development & Marketing and organizational activities.
- Champion exceptional service both internally and externally.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of fundraising or sales experience.
- High-energy, outcome-focused individual with a positive “can-do” outlook who can manage ambiguity and change
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission and values of United Way of Greater Portland.
- Success working independently and as a team player.
- Focused sales/marketing experience with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building; significant applied consulting sales skills; demonstrated success with effective listening skills.
- Superb communications skills (written and verbal) with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner.
- Proven ability to successfully execute on a plan utilizing strategic thinking.
- Proactive problem-solver.
- Solid computer skills (familiarity with customer relationship management systems preferred); Significant experience and comfort in Excel is a requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of assigned relationships to achieve results. Demonstrated ability to influence others to invest in UWGP community impact strategies and programs.
- Valid driver’s license and access to working automobile for frequent off-site meetings required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Leads team of temporary campaign assistants for three months per year.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 – 5:00. During peak times, this position may require long hours and/or weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected (up to 3x/year).
Why choose United Way of Greater Portland?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time, and about creating community level change that benefits every member of the community. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy.
We have a staff of 32 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous vacation and holiday pay and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Greater Portland offers:
- Convenient downtown location with free parking
- Tuition assistance and opportunities for professional development
- Health Club membership at a deeply discounted monthly rate
- Wellness resources and Employee Assistance Program access
- Paid volunteer time off
- A great team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
United Way of Greater Portland is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
Organizational Core Values:
At United Way of Greater Portland we are:
- Community Centered
- Results Focused
- Intentionally Collaborative
- Committed to Excellence
- Leading with Integrity
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Daisy Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until February 21, 2018.