Community Impact Manager, Health
Be a part of the change!
Join a team of successful professionals who work to support and advance United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP’s) mission to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities.
In this newly created position, the Community Impact Manager, Health, and their fellow CI Department staff members are responsible for leading the strategic investment of United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP) financial and non-financial resources to create the greatest possible impact in Greater Portland through Thrive2027. This includes strategies to assist individuals and families to achieve community and systems level change. Essential to this work is implementing a strategic plan for impact, based on an understanding of community needs, an awareness of community resources, a knowledge of best practices or promising strategies, and an ability to leverage and align UWGP’s unique strengths to support the strategies, engage in relationships and partnerships, and measure results. More information on Thrive2027 may be found here: www.thrive2027.org
Under the supervision of the Director, Health, this position is responsible for helping develop and implement UWGP’s work related to Thrive2027 Goal 3: Children, adults, and communities have resources and opportunities to achieve optimal health status. This work will include managing community investments, promoting advocacy and volunteerism, utilizing data and evaluation, convening community partners and building robust partnerships. In addition to coordinating and helping lead assigned programs and community collaborations, this position will help analyze and monitor performance measures and provide technical assistance to UWGP funded programs in Goal 3 that advance the work toward organizational goals.
- Assists with the support, facilitation, and administrative responsibilities of the Goal 3 Cabinet.
- Assists with the support and facilitation of assigned programs and community collaboration efforts established in conjunction with the Goal 3 Cabinet and any health-related donor affinity groups.
- Performs follow-up and monitoring of performance measures and provides technical assistance to groups of programs to show collective impact of UWGP’s investments in Goal 3.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with Community Impact staff and other UWGP departments to co-design projects that advance the work of Goal 3; including identifying and implementing strategic investment, volunteer and advocacy opportunities.
- Assists with designing, coordinating and evaluating the Goal 3 Cabinet’s strategic focus areas; including assisting with data collection, synthesis, and reporting as well as researching best practices and relevant trends.
- Works cooperatively with the Director, Evaluation to identify, collect and report data related to UWGP’s Goal 3 initiatives.
- Stays up-to-date on community issues and communicates findings to appropriate Community Impact Staff.
- Serves as a representative of UWGP at community events and meetings.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with Community Impact staff and other UWGP departments in designing and implementing programs, activities, and meetings to ensure overall success of Thrive2027 in all goal areas.
- Assists Director, Health in ensuring grant deliverables are met related to Goal 3 work.
- Manages programs, events and initiatives or collaborations as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of professional experience within public health, community, or non-profit environments.
- Demonstrated commitment to community change work.
- Strong understanding of public health fundamentals.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders from all sectors (non-profit, government, corporate, and philanthropy).
- Volunteer management experience preferred.
- Proficiency and comfort working with data.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group facilitation experience preferred.
- Team-oriented and able to work independently.
- Flexible and able to operate in a nimble and evolving environment.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities and problem-solve issues as they arise.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and may require additional hours during peak times.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Why choose United Way of Greater Portland?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time, and about creating community level change that benefits every member of the community. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy.
We have a staff of 32 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous vacation and holiday pay and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Greater Portland offers:
- Convenient downtown location with free parking
- Tuition assistance and opportunities for professional development
- Health Club membership at a deeply discounted monthly rate
- Wellness resources and Employee Assistance Program access
- Paid volunteer time off
- A great team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
United Way of Greater Portland is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
Organizational Core Values:
At United Way of Greater Portland we are:
- Community Centered
- Results Focused
- Intentionally Collaborative
- Committed to Excellence
- Leading with Integrity
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Daisy Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until August 13, 2018